Now... Let's roll some dope, blow some smoke, and get our munch on! Enjoy!
Surprise Cake Instructions:
We’re making a 4/20 inspired surprise cake! We’re baking 2 cakes for this. One cake will be green and THC infused and the other is a normal bomb ASS cake! The Green/THC cake will be the weed leaf baked into the center of your other cake! YEHAW!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 boxes of cake mix or pound cake mix: We used Lemon cake mix for the green THC cake, and Funfetti for the other
- Eggs, butter/oil, and milk/water according to package instructions. Sub THC oil if you’re into that!
- Food coloring: We used 2 bright greens for our 4/20 vibe
- Small cookie cutter (we used a 2.5 inch weed leaf from amazon)
- 1 tub of your favorite icing
- Other snacks while you bake
- Pre-heat oven to 325. Grease (grease+flour would be even better) a loaf pan! Don’t forget this step.
- Make TWO boxes of the cake mix, doubling the ingredients according to the back of the box. (We only did one box of cake and our slices were barely big enough for our cookie cutter shapes) **We substituted THC infused coconut oil for half of the oil used with the cake mix**
- Use the recipe from the back of the box, doubled, with THC oil sub’d for half the oil required, and bright green food coloring added for our weed leaf color.
- Pour the green batter into your greased pan
- Put that shit in the oven. Bake for 70-80 mins, or until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean. Then cool cake in pan for 20 mins, remove from pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack **While you wait for your 1st cake to bake you can make our Rainbow Grilled Cheese for a savory snack! Scroll down for the recipe and TikTok link :)
- Cut the cake into 1” thick slices, Then lay slices on a baking sheet and freeze for at least 1 hour
- Use your cookie cutter and cut your shapes out of the slices. You can freeze the scraps for snacking :) Put the cut outs back in the freezer till you need them again
- Wash and dry your loaf pan and then grease it again! This is where we fucked up lol.
- Make the remaining two batches of cake batter according to instructions on the back of the box. No THC in this batch.
- Pour a thin layer of batter into the bottom of the pan.
- Line your cut outs upright down the center of the pan
- Pour the rest of the batter into a gallon ziplock bag and squeeze it all around the lined up cutouts & on top
- Stick that shit in the oven. Bake for 70-90 minutes, or till a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 20 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover your cake in icing. Then add your sprinkles!
- SLICE that shit to see your surprise!
HopefuLLY its a weed leaf!!! LOL! Infused with THC! See we were trying to solve the problem of wanting to eat more of the edible but not wanting to get more high! So only the green leaf is THC-infused, the rest of the cake is safe :)
*Note the crumbled bottom of the cake, we got high and forgot to grease our pan the second time around and the the bottom stuck, don’t do that!!*
Instructions for the Rainbow Grilled Cheese:
Here’s what you’ll need for 2 sandwiches:
- 1/3 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 cup gruyére, shredded
- 1/3 cup swiss, shredded
- Pink food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Lavender/Purple food coloring
- 4 slices brioche bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, mix together mozzarella, gruyére, and swiss cheese
- Divide the mixed cheese between four bowls. Tint each bowl with a different food coloring
- Add butter to your skillet and turn your heat up to medium-high. Coat 2 pieces of brioche with melted butter
- Top with rows of colored cheese and cover with the other slice of bread.
- Grill for two to three minutes until cheese has started to melt and bread is toasted. Flip sandwich and grill for another two minutes, then remove from heat
- Tear apart & make sure to get a video! Enjoy warm!
Here’s the amazon link for the cookie cutter: https://www.amazon.com/Amestar-Marijuana-Cannabis-Doughnut-Stainless/dp/B08K8N27MX/ref=sr_1_4?crid=205GA9234ZEPO&dchild=1&keywords=weed+leaf+cookie+cutter&qid=1618355996&sprefix=weed+leaf%2Caps%2C209&sr=8-4
We based our cake recipe off this article but changed a lot of it! http://sherisilver.com/2015/02/03/101-how-to-make-a-surprise-cake/
Here’s the link to the most gorg SprinklePop sprinkles:) https://sprinklepop.shop/products/rainbow-beam-sprinkle-mix
We got our rainbow grilled cheese recipe from PopSugar!: https://www.popsugar.com/food/Rainbow-Grilled-Cheese-Recipe-41029936