Covid doesn't seem to be going anywhere any time soon so it's looking like we'll all be stuck at home for yet another holiday. We plan on making the best of it with some fun activities we can easily do at home, by ourselves, with a lover, or with a few friends.
We are BIG fans of Valentine's day so we plan on getting pretty festive. We will still be getting dressed in our favorite valentine's day duds including multiple shades of pink and red and, of course, wearing some sparkly heart face jewels from our Retro Vibez Face Jewels pack. We also happen to think they make the perfect valentine's day gift so we want to gift you a pack FOR FREE! Alls you gotta do is buy one pack to gift your lover, and we'll include an additional pack for YOU... FOR FREE! No code is necessary, just add the item to your cart and the second one will auto add, free of charge! BOGO style! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!... Now here's some....
FUN SHIT PART 1
DIY VDAY Heart Banner
For this VDAY banner project, we encourage you to use up your scraps like old t-shirts or left over fabric from all those masks you've probably been making! Here is what we used, but feel free to get creative:
-handmade heart stencils (2 sizes)
-string/line to hang
-needle and thread, sewing machine, or hot glue
1. Start with setting out your supplies and fabric scraps and decide on what size of heart you want to make. Next, draw a heart on a piece of card stock or paper, elementary school style, and draw another heart a little bit smaller. Cut out your two heart shapes and now you have your stencils!
2. Trace your stencils on your fabric, making sure that you have the same number of each heart size. We chose to make the smaller hearts all the same color, then mixed and matched the big hearts.
3. Lay out all of your large hearts and place the small hearts in the center.
4. Attach the small hearts to the larger ones. You can use a sewing machine, a needle and thread, or hot glue.
5. Now that you’ve put together your big and small hearts, take your pieces and spread them out across the string you’re using to hang. We used a needle and thread to add a tack to the center of the heart and then attached them to the string! Feel free to use hot glue or even tape- whatever works best!
6. Hang your banner up for all.. I mean for you... to enjoy <3
This DIY project was brought to you by our very own Liz Watts, the Wicked Hippie Social Media & Marketing Director! (Pictured below) She's a dreaM boat and we couldn't love her more! Thank you, Liz, for this super fuN DIY project!
FUN SHIT PART 2
Now that you've got the place decorated, it's time to get your bake oN with these homemade sugar cookies!! This recipe was passed down to us by one of our wicked hippie mama's, KiM! We followed her recipe except made it our own by making it vegan and adding cannabis infused oil. We call them the:
CHILL the FUCK OUT V-DAY SUGAR COOKIES!
Servings: 36 small cookies or 24 big cookies (depending on the size of your cookie cutter!)
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil mixed with CBD (or THC) oil tincture*
- 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk**
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- pinch of salt
*The amount of CBD (or THC) oil that you add to the coconut oil is completely up to you! Whatever gets you goiN! We used CBD oil and added 480 mg which gave us around 13.5 mg of CBD per cookie
**We used soy milk as our dairy free milk option!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ½ tablespoons soy milk
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, softened (we like earth balance!)
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
*If you want to skip the icing, be sure to add an additional ½ cup of granulated sugar to your cookie mix to enhance the cookie’s sweetness!!
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters
- Parchment Paper
- Oil for greasing cookie sheet
- Electric mixer
Get yourself a little high and caffeinated, in whatever way you like! We did a little weed edible and some cold brew in some cute valentine’s cups!
Turn up your favorite playlist to set the mOOd! We wanted some valentine's vibes so we chose 60’s love songs!
Now for the cookies:
- Combine the powdered sugar, coconut + CBD oil mixture, soy milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, cream of tarter, and a pinch of salt; using an electric mixer, mix until well combined.
- Use your hands to mash the crumbly mixture together to form a dough ball and then maybe jot down a lyric for your future rap album while your at it...
4. Cover the bowl and put it in the freezer for around 30 min
5. While your dough is cooling, prep your rolling station and make your icing
- To prep your rolling station, roll out parchment paper on the counter and lightly flour the surface
- To make the icing, combine powdered sugar, soy milk, vegan butter, and vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl and using the electric mixer, mix until well combined.
6. Now is the perfect time to preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease your cookie sheets
7. Remove the dough from the freezer.. and please don’t cry when you discover that your dough is as hard as a rock. Much to our surprise, it softens fast!
8. Use a knife to carefully divide the dough ball in half and roll out the first half to ¼ inch thickness
9. Use your cookie cutters to make your heart shapes, and then use a spatula to transfer them to the greased cookie sheet; leave about an inch of space between each cookie. Gather the remaining dough that was left from the edges of your cookie cut outs, roll it back into a ball, and place it back in the freezer while you roll out your second half. Repeat until all the dough has been used.
10. Bake the cookies for 6-7 minutes, until the edges are slightly browned (if you live with your head in the clouds like we do, don't forget to set your timer! Ha!)
11. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. If icing, which we hiGHLY recommend, add your icing and sprinkles now!
Now chill the fuck out and enjoy!
Click the image below to save to the recipe to your photo stream or open the image in another tab to print!
We hope you enjoy these as much as we did! Wishing you a very happy valentine's day filled with peace, love, & wicked shit!!
the Wicked Hippie gals
Leave a comment